Monday, April 11, 2011

Ragnar So Cal 2011- Still Pumped

It has been a long ass time since I threw something up on the Chasqui blog! NO better time than race week for Ragnar So Cal 2011. It took me awhile, but I finally got super stoked about running this thing about last week, bad ankle be damned. I will Chasqui up and leave a little bit of my soul on the pavemet of Huntington Beach, Lake Elsinore, or Carlsbad. Not like Bean did last year, but close. There is a whole new contingent of Chasquis that have joined the tribe and I'm anxious to meet them all. Having not run Ragnar LV, the last Ragnar I did was So Cal last year. This will mark the first time in 6 Ragnars that I am in van 1. This will be strange as last year I started my first leg at about 5 pm. I should be finishing my last leg (according to projections) at about 2 am Sat morning. I run the first mile of my first leg along the beach and I run the last mile of my last leg within sight of the beach. Thanks Ragnar for the kick to the teeth by destroying my final 5 mile dream run. Originally this leg was to start in Oceanside and end just south of Carlsbad, the whole leg right on the beach, a route I have trained on many times before. Oh well. Still pumped to run. Still pumped to stink. Still pumped to live on Pro Bar's and Gu and Honey Stingers for 2 days. Still pumped to smell the farts from said 2 day diet. Still pumped to "sleep" on the pavement in some parking lot (at least its not the Santa Monica Pier parking lot). Still pumped to put on a sweaty ass head lamp in the middle of the night. Still pumped to have a sweaty ass. Still pumped to see the "1 mile to go" sign. Still pumped to be able to do this with my BRO. Still pumped to run Ragnar. Still pumped to be a CHASQUI!! How 'bout you?

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Still pumped... still having foot problems, slower than I've ever been, driving home on Saturday right after the race to leave for a week long family vacation of touring Nevada early Sunday morning, trying to sleep in the back of a truck, JBs stupid fart app on his phone, fast food or no food...Still pumped!!!

Love being a part of this.

Liesel said...

Miss running Chasqui style! I'm almost back in business now that my baby is 5 months old... It's taken me a little (OK, a LOT) longer than I anticipated getting back into the swing of things! Next Ragnar, I'm "IN". Best of luck to the team in So. Cal! Miss you all!!